Interest in Plushbeds’ botanical bliss eco friendly mattress that is chemical free and organic is on the rise. How often have you craved for a good night’s sleep so that you can wake up feeling refreshed and re-energised?
Mattress and bedding accessories play a huge role in how well we sleep. However, conventional mattresses contain chemicals which are known to slowly emit toxins into the environment. These chemicals can play a role in disrupting our sleep in the long run. Therefore, consumers are opting to buy eco-friendly mattresses that are nontoxic, organic and environmentally friendly.
In this post, I am covering eco aspects on Plushbeds’ mattresses, in particular, PlushBeds’ botanical bliss natural latex mattress. Their mattresses are classed as eco friendly. However, unless you understand what all of the eco certifications mean, choosing a sustainable mattress brand can become confusing. Not to mention, mattress shopping is a one time, long term and pricey commitment. Therefore, it is important to get it right the first time.
If you have ever wanted to buy an organic, eco friendly mattress, but found them too pricey, then right now is the time to do so. Due to the current fears about the economy, several eco mattress suppliers have reduced their prices significantly to attract new customers. You can take advantage of the current reduction in prices, and also benefit for a luxurious, organic mattress.
Just a quick note
Although this is not a sponsored post, if you decide to purchase a product using one of the affiliate links on this site, I will receive a small commission from the supplier.
Eco Friendly Mattress Options on the Market
A growing range of bedding companies such as PlushBeds, Avocado, Saatva and Essentia offer luxurious mattresses. Their mattresses are classed as eco-friendly, organic and sustainable. If you are in the market for an affrodable, organic and sustainable mattress, then this post will provide you with the information you need when buying a mattress from PlushBeds.
Below is a breakdown of everything you need to know about PlushBeds to make your mattress purchase seamless.
This post contains affiliate links and ads. Purchasing from the advertising links and ads will provide this site with a small commission at no cost to you.
Who are PlushBeds?
PlushBeds is a family run, US based bedding company, which offers a range of mattresses that are organic as well as sustainable. Their affordable and luxurious mattresses are chemical free and organic. The company’s aim is to reduce the impact that chemically doused mattresses have on people’s health as well as the environment. PlushBeds’ mattresses have received excellent customer satisfaction ratings with 4.9 out of 5 stars. This can can only mean well for future customers.
PlushBeds’ use natural latex and organically grown cotton in their mattresses. Their mattresses are free of harsh chemicals and they reduce their carbon footprint by sourcing locally for materials.
What do their Eco Certifications mean?
Many mattresses contain chemicals to prolong their life. However, during the life of the mattress, chemicals slowly release into the surrounding. Once in the air, we end up breathing the chemical rich air. This in turn can affect our health as well as sleep patterns.
PlushBeds boast a host of different certifications for their organic and sustainable mattresses. Their mattresses are non toxic which means that they do not supply mattresses that have chemicals which could be harmful to yourself or the environment during its production as well as disposal process.
PlushBeds’ organic mattresses are also certified as eco-friendly. They use eco-friendly and ethically sourced materials to manufacture the mattresses. Additionally, PlushBeds mattresses have been certified for use of organic cotton that is sustainable and sourced responsibly. This means that the farmers producing the cotton have been paid fairly.
PlushBeds’ Eco Certifications:
- GOLS Certificate – Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) Certification informing you that the mattress is made from 100% organic latex. It also gives you assurance that the mattress meets the most stringent organic standards for a healthy and non-toxic sleep.
- GOTS Cotton Certificate – Global Organic Textile Standard to certify that the cotton is sourced in a responsible manner environmentally as well as and socially.
- GOTS Certified Organic Wool – Global Organic Textile Standard to certify that the wool is manufactured using the best practices in environment and social responsibility.
- GreenGuard Gold Certified for assurance that the mattress is not emitting harmful chemicals into your home, therefore giving you cleaner air for better sleep.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certified for high quality hypo allergenic control.
- Certified as non-hazardous by eco-INSTITUT, therefore which gives you assurance that the mattress is free of harmful gasses and other high risk allergens.
- Control union certified for sustainability. In other words, they only use materials that are eco-friendly and minimize our carbon footprint.
- Certified by Forest Stewardship Council because all of the wood used is sourced from sustainable forests.
What are PlushBeds offering?
If you want to take advantage of sale prices, PlushBeds often runs sales whereby their mattresses can be upto 50% off. Therefore, you can take advantage of the sale and purchase the botanical bliss natural, organic mattress for almost half the regular price.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Eco Friendly Mattress
PlushBeds offer a number of eco friendly mattresses. However, the one that stands out the most is, PlushBeds’ botanical bliss eco friendly mattress, because it is made from natural, organic latex. This organic mattress has received hundreds of five star customer reviews. The organic latex mattress does not contain harsh chemicals nor does it have coil springs that will deform over time. The top cotton cover, wool lining and latex are all organically and ethically produced.
Benefits of PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Eco friendly Mattress
The mattresses have a 25 year warranty which is what you want, after all, buying a mattress is a long term commitment. PlushBeds offer free returns and the best part is that you can get a 100 night free trial period. Which means that you can try it for over 3 months, however, if it does not give you good sleep, you then have the option to return it. Reviewing the customer testimonials I highly doubt that many are dissatisfied after the 100 night free trial period.
During my research, I came across a number of positives that PlushBeds are currently offering to customers wanting sustainable mattress options. A big plus for their site is that they have received over 1500 testimonial with over 95% of their customers giving them a 5 star rating.
To sum it up, you can rest assured that when you choose to buy an organic and sustainable mattress from PlushBeds you will receive:
- 25 year warranty
- Free returns
- Free shipping
- 100 night trial
- Over 95% of their customers are satisfied, giving them a 4.9 out of 5 star rating.
Eco Friendly Mattress Suppliers
- Eco certifications: Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) Certification, GOTS Cotton Certificate, GOTS Certified Organic Wool, GreenGuard Gold Certified, Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Eco-Institut Certificate and Forest Stewardship Council – certifications are for use of organic cotton, organic wool, chemical free, sustainable wood, reduced carbon footprint.
- Average Price: Plushbeds botanical bliss eco friendly mattress| $2,699, however $1,449 until Thursday 4th June – Queen Size
- Customer Star Ratings: 4.9/5 stars based on 1553 reviews, last review date 2020
SHOP PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Natural Organic Mattress
Avocado Green Mattress
- Eco certifications GreenGuard Gold Certified, MADE SAFE Certified, GOLS Certified, Climate Neutral Certified
- Average Price: Avocado Organic Green Mattress | $1,399 – Queen Size
- Customer Star Ratings: 4.5/5stars based on 11012 reviews, last review date 2018
- Eco certifications GOTS, CertiPUR-US for eco-friendly memory foam.
- Average Price: Luxury Firm | $1,299 – Queen Size
- Customer Star Ratings: 4.9/5stars based on 28,698 reviews, last review date 2017
- Eco certifications OEKO-TEX Certified Latex Mattress, GOTS and GOLD Certified Mattress, GreenGuard and Green America Certified Mattress
- Average Price: Energie Opus Organic Mattress | $5,140 Queen
- Customer Star Ratings: 5/5 stars based on 1 review, last review date 2020
SHOP PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Natural Organic Mattress
The only downside on the eco friendly mattress options is that none of the brands offer a disposal route once the mattress is no longer in use. Waste disposal is an important part of making a product sustainable from the start of its production to its end of use. Therefore it is a shame that they do not talk about how to dispose the mattresses in 25 years time.
Related Article: 5 Tips to Help you Sleep Well
Save Money while Saving the Planet
If you want to receive last minutes offers and deals that I come across, please join our Save with Smart Money Green Planet Facebook Group. It is a brand new group to help you save money whilst on your journey to natural and eco-friendly living. I will be posting deals as soon as they become available on Amazon and other affiliate sites.
Images sourced from PlushBeds.
*Prices and information correct at time of post publication.
Related Article: How To Declutter Your Home using KonMari Method